Anu have been a member of Nominet, the registrar for .uk domain name registrations, for longer than I can remember (the oldest domain in our account dates from 1994!). We have witnessed the rapid development of the domain name industry since the early days of the Internet. During this time a lot has changed at Nominet, and we’re just not convinced all of the recent changes are for the better.
I would like to thank Mr. Simon Blackler for giving a voice to dissatisfied Nominet members and organising a campaign to force an extraordinary general meeting, with a view to reorganising the board and refocusing Nominet on their core purpose.
That’s why we are backing the PublicBenefit.uk campaign and will be voting YES at the EGM on Monday 22 March.
Update 16:20 CET: service is now fully restored. An investigation and root cause analysis will follow in due course.
Update 16:00 CET: we have implemented workarounds for a number of affected sites. Please contact email@example.com if you are still experiencing connection errors.
As of 15:30 CET we are investigating a partial outage at our Amsterdam 1 datacenter. Updates to follow as soon as we know more.
Today we are pleased to announce a long anticipated update to our Customer Portal which introduces a number of new features:
- Updated look and feel with new icons and “hamburger” menu.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) support to help keep your account secure. Compatible with any TOTP app such as Google Authenticator or Authy.
- New rules for minimum password security which strive to strike the right balance between enforcing strong passwords and not getting in the way of choosing the password you want.
- Ability to schedule out of office “vacation” messages in advance, and to automatically remove the message at a date and time of your choice.
- Ability to configure Hosted Email mailboxes to forward copies of incoming mail to additional address(es).
- Numerous minor bug fixes.
Comments, feedback or suggestions welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org