Here at Anu, we love to tinker with the latest and greatest. We are keen to provide our clients with access to new software when it is released as per their requirements.
PHP 8 was released November 26th, 2020. It is a major release with a long list of features, improvements and changes. You can read more here.
We have rolled out PHP 8 to all of our CentOS 8 Direct Admin shared hosting servers. You can deploy new accounts with PHP 8 and / or upgrade existing accounts.
We are able to provide virtual servers running PHP 8. We can upgrade existing CentOS 7 / 8 deployments or can provide new virtual servers with a variety of software stack options.
WordPress 5.6 was released to provide initial PHP 8 compatibility (there may be a few further tweaks required). Other major software vendors have also been releasing updates and patches to provide PHP 8 support. It may take a little while for plugin / module developers to catch up and also release updates.
If you would like to take advantage of PHP 8 and it’s associated performance and security gains, do not hesitate to drop us an email at email@example.com.
Today we are pleased to announce a long anticipated update to our Customer Portal which introduces a number of new features:
- Updated look and feel with new icons and “hamburger” menu.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) support to help keep your account secure. Compatible with any TOTP app such as Google Authenticator or Authy.
- New rules for minimum password security which strive to strike the right balance between enforcing strong passwords and not getting in the way of choosing the password you want.
- Ability to schedule out of office “vacation” messages in advance, and to automatically remove the message at a date and time of your choice.
- Ability to configure Hosted Email mailboxes to forward copies of incoming mail to additional address(es).
- Numerous minor bug fixes.
Comments, feedback or suggestions welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
We need to perform routine maintenance on our ams2-c6-1 Direct Admin server.
Impacted services: All website, email and DNS services hosted on ams2-c6-1.
You will be unable to access any website or DirectAdmin.
You will be unable to download new mail, reply to existing emails or send new emails. Unless you are using SpamTitan spam filtering, new mail should be held by the sender’s mail server and they should try to deliver it again later. There may be a short delay as how often delivery is retried is determined by the sender’s mail server.
DNS is replicated off-site so DNS queries will continue to resolve during this period but DNS record changes will not be possible.
Estimated start time: 4th April 2020, 21:00 UK (BST)
Estimated time of completion: 4th April 2020, 22:00 UK (BST)
UPDATE 4th April 2020 21:00 UK: This scheduled maintenance is now in progress.
UPDATE 4th April 2020 21:15 UK: This scheduled maintenance is now complete.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries relating to this maintenance.